Venue & Travel
RDS, Simmonscourt Pavilions, Dublin 4
The RDS is situated in the Heart of Dublin in Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
The Ideal Home Show is in the Simmonscourt Pavilion off Simmonscourt Road.
The RDS is serviced by Bus Route 4, 7, 8, 18, 46A, 145.
Visitors from the Southside are advised to take the DART for easy access to the RDS. The Sandymount DART station is only a few minutes walk from the RDS Simmonscourt. www.dart.iewww.dart.ie. Please use the DART to avoid traffic delays and parking issues.
By car from city centre
- Outside Trinity College, take Nassau Street (N11) for about 150 metres then turn right following the signposts for the R118.
- Follow the R118 (also locally known as Mount Street which becomes Merrion Road) for approximately 2km. Pass the RDS Main Hall on the right hand side and take the next turn right onto Simmonscourt Road. Entrance to Simmonscourt Pavilion is on the left.
From dublin airport
- Travel time: 45 Minutes / Distance: 16 Kilometres
- Leave the Airport and follow the Way Out signs until you reach a signalled roundabout.
- At the roundabout take the 2nd exit signposted Dublin to join Motorway M1
- Airport Interchange. At roundabout take 2nd exit signposted Dublin
- Junction3 (M50) Follow Signpost towards City Centre
- Keep in right hand lane for Port Tunnel (Toll €3 to €12 depending on time)
- Continue Straight ahead through 2 sets of lights past the O2
- Go through the East Link Toll Bridge (car €1.70)
- Junction 80 (Dublin Outer Orbital Route); At the roundabout take the third exit signposted N11, N81
- Irishtown (Junction 81)
- Turn right then and turn immediately left at the traffic signals into Londonbridge Road R111 (Signposted N11, N81)
- Junction 51 (R815) at traffic signals turn left R815, signposted Ballsbridge.
- Proceed through the next traffic lights, past the RDS Main Hall on your right and take the next turn right onto Simmonscourt Road. Entrance to Simmonscourt Pavilion is on the left.
Arriving by ferry from Dublin port (city centre)
- Dublin Port is on the north of the city approximately ten minutes drive from the RDS.
- Follow the signs for the Port exit, all routes along Tolka Quay Road Junction with R131
- Turn left at the traffic signals, taking R131 signposted City Centre
- At the roundabout follow the sign posts to Dun Laoghaire via Toll Bridge and cross the River Liffey (East Link Toll Bridge Tollbooths – car charge €1.70)
- Take Junction 80 (Dublin Outer Orbital Route)
- At the roundabout take the 3rd exit signposted N11, N81
- Take Irishtown (Junction 81)
- Turn right then, at the traffic lights turn left into Londonbridge Road R111 signposted N11, N81
- Take Junction 51 (R815)
- At the traffic lights turn left onto R815 signposted Ballsbridge
- Proceed through the next traffic lights, past the RDS Main Hall on your right and take the next turn right onto Simmonscourt Road. Entrance to Simmonscourt Pavilion is on the left
Get Your FREE
Don’t miss the chance to attendIreland’s Largest Home Show Event.Offer ends soon